Australia Awards are prestigious international Scholarships and Fellowships funded by the Australian Government.
Australia Awards Scholarships are long term development awards administered by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
They provide opportunities for people from developing countries, particularly those countries located in the Indo-Pacific region, to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education institutions.
The study and research opportunities provided by Australia Awards Scholarships develop skills and knowledge of individuals to drive change and contribute to the development outcomes of their own country.
Note : Scholarships for study commencing in 2019
Applications for Australia Awards Scholarships commencing in January 2019 will open on 1 February 2018
Last Date : 30 April 2018.
A list of participating institutions for Intake 2018 is available Click here
Benefits That are provied as part of Australia Awards Scholarships
The Awards are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training. The following benefits generally apply:
- Full tuition fees
- Return air travel – payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route
- Establishment allowance-a once only payment of A$5,000 as a contribution towards accommodation expenses, text books, study materials
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) – is a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by the department
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP) – a compulsory 4-6 week program prior to the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on life and study in Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only) – provided to cover the student’s basic medical costs
For Further information and How to apply Click here